Lord Jagannath Ratha Yatra will begin on Tuesday at 9 am in Puri, Odisha. Therefore, Section 144 has been imposed in the city from 4 pm on Monday. The apex court told the Odisha government that if the situation appears to be uncontrollable, the Rath Yatra can be stopped. The court also said that apart from Puri, Rath Yatra will not be taken anywhere else in Odisha.
Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath (Jagannath Rath Yatra) is being taken out on Tuesday in Puri, Odisha after getting permission from Supreme Court. The Supreme Court changed its old order and said that devotees will not be able to participate in this rath yatra in view of Corona epidemic (Covid-19 Pandemic). The court directed the Odisha government to impose curfew in Puri during the yatra. Also, do not pull a chariot more than 500 people. All the people who pull the chariot should have a corona test and social distancing should be followed.
The rath yatra will begin at 9 am on Tuesday. Therefore, Section 144 has been imposed in the city from 4 pm on Monday. The apex court told the Odisha government that if the situation appears to be uncontrollable, then the Rath Yatra can be stopped. The court also said that apart from Puri, Rath Yatra will not be taken anywhere else in Odisha.
The Supreme Court gave these orders:
- The Supreme Court order uploaded on the Live Law website states that the Rath Yatra can be approved in Puri without crowds.
- not more than 500 people can pull every chariot. In such a situation, 1500 people will be needed to pull the three chariots.
- There should be an hour gap between the two chariots.
- Whoever pulls the chariot must test the corona virus.
- Curfew should be imposed in Puri during Rath Yatra.
- Maintain social distancing before, during and even after the yatra which draws the chariots.
- Record of all the people coming in Rath Yatra should be kept. After the medical test, his health information should also be recorded.
- Rath Yatra and all rituals should be allowed to cover electronic media.
- According to the government crew, allow the camera to be installed.
What are the preparations for Rath Yatra?
Lord Jagannath will leave Khichdi at 9 am. Preparations have begun to take Nandigosh, Taladhwaj and Darpadalan Rath to the lion gate of the temple. Nandighosh is the chariot of Lord Jagannath. Balarama will sit on Taladhwaja and Subhadra on Darpadalan. Shankhchuda Nagin, Vasuki Nag and Swarnachuda Nagin have been brought to pull the three chariots. These are the names of ropes made of coconut.
The corona test has been done for the servants
According to the news agency PTI, Rajendra Mudali, the temple’s serviceman, told that the journey of Mahaprabhu to Mausi’s house, that is, Gundicha Temple, would start at 2:30 pm. The distance of the temple is three and a half kilometers. Where there will be sunset, the journey will stop there. He told that the corona test of the chariot pulling servicemen has been done. Everyone’s report has been negative.
Full lockdown from 9 am to 2 pm on Wednesday night
Meanwhile, the Odisha government imposed a full lockdown in Puri from 9 am to 2 pm on Wednesday. CM Naveen Patnaik said that we will take utmost care during the journey. The world is looking at us. We have to maintain discipline and follow social distancing. (With PTI input)