How to open SBI FD account from home? The country’s largest bank, the State Bank of India (SBI), offers its savings account holders the option of opening fixed deposits (FD) online. SBI customers can easily open FDs from anywhere using the bank’s online facility. SBI online FD is very convenient for customers, as it can be easily paid for term deposits through NetBanking.
After opening an online FD, the customer can renew or close the deposit immediately through the online medium. Thus, there is no need to go to the bank for these tasks in SBI online FD. Let us know how SBI Fixed Deposit can be opened through online medium.
How to open SBI FD account from home?
- First, the SBI Savings Account holder will have to provide his personal information and log into SBI’s net banking facility.
- Now go to the Fixed Deposit option and click on e-TDR / e-STDR (FD). There are TDR term deposits and STDR special term deposits. You have to select the FD you want to open and click on Proceed.
- If you have more than one bank account, then you have to choose the account from which you want to debit the money.
- Now you have to choose the principal amount for the FD and fill it in the Amount column.
- Now you have to choose the deposit period.
- Now you have to choose the maturity instructions for your term deposit account.
- Now click on the terms and conditions and submit them.
- Now FD will appear on the screen with your details, you have to click on OK.
- Note the customer transaction number. You can also take a print out of it or save it as a PDF.
SBI FD interest rate
Currently, SBI is paying interest from 2.9 percent to 5.4 percent on FDs with a maturity period ranging from seven days to 10 years to the general customers. At the same time, senior citizens are getting an interest between 3.4 percent to 6.2 percent depending on the maturity period.